Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bengalooru Auto!

What is good about Auto-Rickshaws here ? Run on LPG so non-polluting autos, cheaper ( may be not!) I think what I like in these autos is the "Auto Driver's License Display System". This amuses me everytime, I get to see a bit of personal details of the driver, esp. the name of the auto guy, Then I decide in which language I would tell him the directions. If the name ends with some 'appa' or so, like, "sommappa" etc, then I get to speak in my broken kannada. If the name is more with 'Khan' then hindi and some names like 'murugavel' then Tamil and for rest of the names the default language is Hindi.



There are few autos with fradulent meters and my friend Deepti could recognize one today morning and to our wonder, he was ready to take Rs.5 less than what showed on the meter. Strange eh!

The biggest trouble here with autos is that you dont get one when you really need one...

No comments: